Monday, December 22, 2014

365 ~ 2014: Day 356

Breakfast before Christmas errands.


The day sadly went downhill from here.  Despite my constant reminders that wrestling in the store aisles was not appropriate behavior, and that every time I had stop to remind them of appropriate behavior just wasted time and resulted in a longer than necessary outing, they continued to make sad choices in the stores.

Fast forward to finally making it back home for the night.  I had sent the boys down to play, there was going to be no TV and no electronics for the remainder of the night.  I explained to them AGAIN why I was disappointed, and how their behavior in the stores wasted so much of my time, which is especially important as Christmas is a few days away.  They went to play, and I began working on my prep for the Christmas truffles I had to make.

I called them up for dinner and they came running to me with a present.  Without anyone telling them to do so, they wrote me a little note that said "Mom we are sorry for wasting your time so we are giving you a present".  The present was 4 quarters, one for each store that we had to go to today.  When I asked them what the quarters were for David said it was to pay me back for the wasted time!  I couldn't help but laugh.  It was so sweet, and needless to say, they earned a Christmas movie before bed time tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment