Monday, March 5, 2012

Project 365 - Day 65

Since the beginning of this year, I have been trying to get Shaun interested in learning to write his name. At this point David was already writing lots of letters and he also had great pencil grip. I try very hard not to compare them, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned. Thankfully his teacher put my worries and concerns at east. She told me that it's perfectly normal and OK at this age to not be interested in writing and he will start when he is ready.

So we keep trying. We have the crayola dry erase board and I wrote his name three times on a piece of paper and stuffed it inside so he could start to trace it when we do homework time in the afternoon. Today, after he traced his name three times I asked him to write below by himself and he did. Proud Momma moment! We still have to work on his pencil grip but I was happy to see him interested and he was so proud of himself, he yelled "Mommy, I DID IT!

1 comment: