Friday, March 16, 2012

Project 365 - Day 76

From scratch Carrot Cake = SUCCESS!! It's has been about 5 years since I attempted to bake a cake from scratch. The last time didn't go so well - let's just say it resulted in a gooey mess that boiled over in my oven. Considering my history with baking cakes from scratch, I did not have very high hopes on the outcome of this Paula Deen Carrot Cake. But I love carrot cake and I have been having a lot of fun this winter baking with the boys. I have made from scratch cinnamon rolls, toffee fudge bars and Andes Crème de Menthe cookies, but I have not tried a cake until tonight!

It's a little uneven but I'm very happy with how it turned out. All we need is the official taste test tomorrow to get the final verdict, but at least I'm not cleaning burnt cake batter off the bottom of my oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment