Thursday, June 16, 2016

365 ~ 2016: Day 168

It was Move Up Day for Evan!  Today he had the chance to meet his first grade teacher, see his new classroom and meet his new classmates.  However, since this Move Up happens during the morning, it meant that his day looked a little different.  Normally he goes to school in the afternoons, but all afternoon Kindergartners attended school in the morning today.  That meant that instead of me dropping him off to school, he was able to ride the bus with his brothers in the morning for the first time.

He was so excited! Normally if he doesn't wake up with his brothers in the morning, I'll let him sleep in.  Today however, he wasn't going to be able to sleep in and of course he was still asleep at 6:45.  When I walked into his room to wake him up, he started to give me a hard time until I said, "Evan you have to take the bus to school today, you need to get up".  He sat up and jumped out of bed!  "Oh yeah", he told me, "I forgot, thank you for waking me up, Mom!".  I just hope he continues to be this excited about waking up in the morning in the Fall.

He's going to have the same teacher that Shaun had, and he is beyond excited!  The last day of school is tomorrow and he's already talking about how excited he is to start first grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment